Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Life Update, I Guess

So, I'm really inconsistent about uploading, because I run a lot of accounts, but I'm hoping that as life calms down, maybe that won't be so bad. The reasons I'm awful at consistency are as follows:

  1. Stress. So much stress. I take one look at my to-do lists and if I haven't appropriately prepared, I cry.
  2. Other humans. They talk to me, they annoy me, and then I lose the will to accomplish anything. They are also the bearers of bad news, and quite frequently the cause of my stress. Being around them completely drains me (I'm an introvert), and when I'm around so many of them at once, I tend to not be able to do anything but sleep once I'm alone again.
  3. Perfectionism. I forget that no one is grading my blog posts. It's not an essay or design project. It's just me, talking to the people who care to read it. Perfectionism is quite often the cause of procrastination, resulting in no post at all.
  4. So many accounts. It's definitely my choice, and I love each account and platform for its own separate reasons, but sometimes, I'll be so focused on, for example, Instagram, that I'll completely forget about writing my books on Wattpad. Or, I'll spend 6+ hours writing, and realize I haven't even checked Twitter. It's difficult to find balance sometimes.
  5. Summer. While I have more time, I'm also recovering from a school year, resulting in just wanting to take a nap... for the next three months. Still, I'm going to try and find ways to keep myself motivated through July and August, I promise that much.
For those next two months, I want to be as consistent as I can whilst still holding on to my sanity. This means that I will upload to YouTube and go on Pinterest every Monday. I will post here and scroll through Tumblr every Tuesday, as well as upload a weekly vlog. I will upload new chapters every Wednesday and go on Pinterest. On Thursdays, I will make my WordPress blog posts and hopefully make adjustments to my DeviantArt account. Fridays will bring more chapters and more Pinterest. Saturdays will continue to bring weekly newsletters here and updates to my Wix site, along with even more Pinterest. Sundays will, as always, be my weekly outlines on WordPress. I will try and be on Instagram and Twitter every day.

That being said, if I miss a day, or something's late, I don't want to be upset with myself. If something needs to change (e.g. my house tour video switching with my An Abundance of Katherines video), then it needs to change, and I'll stay calm about that.

I hope that you join me as this starts to become a more regular thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment