Candles and Lotions:
I showed five summery candles and one not-so-summery candle, but the six of them all have one thing in common, and that's how they make me feel. From pineapple to beach to Paris Cafe, all of these scents remind me of things that make me happy. The beach scents make me think of my time up north, when I went to Lake Superior with my family a few summers back. It also reminds me that one day, I'm going to know larger bodies of water than just the Great Lakes, and maybe I'll really get to go to the ocean. The pineapple scent is just happy because fruit smells are generally happy, I think. As for the Paris Cafe candle, it makes me think of coffee shops, which are my favorite places in the world, because my true love is coffee.
The same general thing goes for my love of the summery and fruit scented lotions as well.
Skin and Hair Care:
I have such oily skin and fragile, frizzy hair, and the products I showed were things I only recently found, for the most part. For example, the face masks I've been using by Miss Spa have been wonderful, but before I used them, it was like my skin care routine was never complete. No matter what I did, I couldn't get my acne to go away, which made getting through middle school quite awful, and I was always kind of self conscious about it. Though my self esteem has of course improved on its own since then, it's still nice to know that what I'm doing for my skin is finally working. It all started because about a month ago, there was a sale on face masks at Target, so I picked up four to try, and ended up loving all of them. Ever since, I've used one every day, and it's done wonders for my skin
As far as hair is concerned, I've recently made a change where I dyed my hair purple, which was difficult to do without bleach, given that it was previously red. After I dyed it, it was kind of in a rough state, so the ion spray I showed has been really helping. Of course, I have a few conditioners that have also helped lock in the color and strengthen my hair, but that's the thing that I use almost every day and has had the biggest impact. Even before going purple, my hair has always been super frizzy and super fragile. Throw in some humidity and I pretty much look like a poodle. Since I have not yet joined the trend of accepting my curly hair, the rest of the hair products I showed have been helping me tame "the beast" (as I so un-affectionately call my hair).
Clothing:
As mentioned in the video, I struggle with finding clothes that fit me in the "grown up" section. I'm really short, and pretty thin, so I'm usually swimming in everything. Add the fact that I have wide hips on top of that, and pants/shorts/skirts/etc. are either way too big or way too tight. Recently, though, I found both of the things shown in the video at Target, and they both fit me perfectly, due to being flowey/stretchy, and it's just been lovely. I'm seventeen, I prefer to buy proper clothes from the women's section now, and I've come to realize that maybe I can, if I look hard enough.
Basically, it all has to do with how good these things make me feel, and I wanted to share all of that with my audience (even if it was a last minute decision). I'll see you on Saturday with another weekly outline!
~Liz
No comments:
Post a Comment