Yesterday, I made a video on my channel called "Live Your Best Life", and it was pretty inspirational (if I do say so myself). You can go and watch it, but if you already have, stay tuned, because the inspiration continues.
I opened with an anecdote of what I consider to be one of the biggest turning points in my life. My friends and I were walking to second hour, when all of a sudden, I realized that I didn't want to do biochem for the rest of my life. I just wasn't passionate about it. What I was passionate about, though, was my writing. I've been writing books ever since I was in third grade (albeit unsuccessful back then), and I've always loved it. I've been wanting to make videos since I was eleven, and when I was fourteen, I properly started. And in that exact moment, I understood what I wanted to do with my life.
That's not the end of the story, though. A few family members scoffed at me for the radically changing my life aspirations, and that was hard. I was once again kind of pressured into saying I was doing something else. They thought that "writing" meant journalism (it does NOT), and I started to feel like that was how I had to live my dream. But that isn't my dream. This is my dream, you know?
And too often we get pressured into the things that we do. People influence us, whether that be for the better or worse, but don't give up on a dream just because someone thinks you can never do it. There's absolutely no reason to give up. You have no way of knowing how it's going to work out, no one does, so don't give up.
Watch the video for more rambling, but you're wonderful and deserve to live out your dreams. You never know what could happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment